source for 3.5" internal compatible drives
Wow, I don't recall seeing your project.

I started the SuperCard Pro project in 2012 and released it in 2013. It was based on the work I had done starting in 1983 (true flux copier for the 1541 disk drives), as well as the work on did on the Option Board while working at Central Point Software, and of course SYBIL and Supercard Ami for the Amiga..  I have shipped thousands of SuperCard Pro boards now, but I do own a company that does product development and production, so that aspect was pretty simple to handle.  Support is easiest if you listen to what people want and try to implement it.  I like the Tom Sawyer approach best myself - get everyone else behind your product and have them help produce things that are compatible.  It's the reason why the .scp image file format is so popular.  It's supported by literally dozens of emulators and utilities at this point.  I don't know how many .scp images are out there (I have 20,000+ for all of the original disks I still have here), but it's a huge amount for sure.  I don't actively market the Commodore stuff.  I am very busy with my full time day job, and I have not really needed to do any type of advertising at this point.  Perhaps when I step down from my day job I will look at focusing on this a bit more.

No, I don't know who Joshua B is.  Other than Keir Fraiser's recent project (and the Flux Engine which has support for .scp images), I have not really followed anyone else's disk projects.  I don't like looking at what others are doing because I want to keep what I am doing on the path that I intended, without being side-tracked by some option or feature that something else might have.

Messages In This Thread
RE: source for 3.5" internal compatible drives - by admin - 06-25-2020, 08:20 PM