DSR / DTR and solder pads
Video 
Hi there.

I am confused by the passage on pages 19 and 20 of the manual.

There are two scenarios shown plus the default one as shipped.
I would like to see all the possible permutations of cuts and bridges, because what's there is unclear to me.

DSR and DTR are normally two separate RS232 signals, as are RTS and CTS.  Sometimes combinations of the two are joined together (as in the Hayes 56K Sportster supplied with an Apple DIN-to DB25 cable that joins DTR with RTS).

I am trying to figure out right now how to use the Apple IIc+'s hamstrung serial port (with only DTR, DSR, TX, RX, and GND signals available) to achieve both 4800 baud and higher (WIMODEM232 is not responding above 2400 baud as delivered) and attempt to get old BBS software to talk nice with the modem - so far I have achieved a remote connection, but no hangup.  As you can see, there is no CD pin.  Presumably, the modem would have to drop DTR to achieve a hangup condition?

[Image: IIC+serial.png]

If there are four separate signals, DTR, DSR, CTS and RTS available on the WIMODEM232 and only DTR and DSR on the computer's serial port, how would I go about configuring the bridges/cuts so that I can achieve some sort of handshaking?

Messages In This Thread
DSR / DTR and solder pads - by Baldrick - 01-24-2018, 08:57 AM
RE: DSR / DTR and solder pads - by admin - 01-24-2018, 11:19 AM
RE: DSR / DTR and solder pads - by Baldrick - 01-24-2018, 11:32 AM
RE: DSR / DTR and solder pads - by admin - 01-24-2018, 02:15 PM
RE: DSR / DTR and solder pads - by Baldrick - 01-24-2018, 08:03 PM
RE: DSR / DTR and solder pads - by admin - 01-24-2018, 11:19 PM