How to Guide - Flashing firmware
(12-15-2014, 07:34 AM)admin Wrote: What could be the problem you saw has to do with trying to launch the SuperCard Pro software before closing the updater program. That would generate a message that the board can not be found because another program (the updater) has locked the USB port.
That might be the case, but in reverse.

I was using the SuperCard Pro software, and had imaged two disks from a batch I had to do, when I thought it would be a good idea to upgrade the firmware.

I definitely closed the SuperCard Pro software before starting to follow your instructions - because I know enough to realise that having that loaded would potentially interfere with the flashing process - and it was only when I came to the near final step of launching the Updater software did it say about not finding the board.

So maybe the SuperCard Pro software (or some glitch with Windows) didn't release the lock on the USB port when I quit? And when I unplugged the USB cable it (Windows) released that lock, so the Updater could then see it when I plugged it back in?

Messages In This Thread
How to Guide - Flashing firmware - by admin - 11-06-2013, 02:36 PM
RE: How to Guide - Flashing firmware - by Mousey - 12-12-2014, 02:12 AM
RE: How to Guide - Flashing firmware - by admin - 12-12-2014, 11:25 AM
RE: How to Guide - Flashing firmware - by Mousey - 12-15-2014, 03:17 AM
RE: How to Guide - Flashing firmware - by admin - 12-15-2014, 07:34 AM
RE: How to Guide - Flashing firmware - by Mousey - 12-16-2014, 01:38 AM
RE: How to Guide - Flashing firmware - by admin - 12-16-2014, 11:09 AM