Image Verifier/Analyzer Feature
(09-20-2016, 10:23 PM)sean_skroht Wrote: While I certainly understand and appreciate your thoughts on this, I somewhat tend to disagree when it comes to this particular case. With the disk not working, I feel that this has diminished both the sentimental and monetary value of the game
I am all for repairing disks where possible. But when I first started out and did not have the right tools for the job yet (such as an SCP), I sort of messed up a couple of disks in ways I regret now. You were lucky you had access to a second, known good copy.

(09-20-2016, 10:23 PM)sean_skroht Wrote: If the Supercard Pro project aims to reproduce exact flux duplicates of the original disks, then what has been re-written back to the non-working disk should, technically, be as authentic as what was originally on it. If this is the case, then the Supercard Pro has been a success and my most valued purchase as an Amiga hobbyist. I'm very happy with the results.
I was more concerned about writing sector images (such as ADFs), as often the results can come out significantly different although technically functional.

An SCP image from a known good disk would not have many authenticity issues, although it IS possible for a SCP to record and replicate flux-level "noise" from a weak or damaged disk. Duplicating a damaged disk with marginal readability, even to perfectly good media, can result in a disk that is still only marginally readable after some retries.

I am also surprised that your disk wrote successfully. Usually such repairs only work in cases such as where an original user deleted/altered/reformatted data on the disk.

Messages In This Thread
Image Verifier/Analyzer Feature - by sean_skroht - 09-19-2016, 12:46 AM
RE: Image Verifier/Analyzer Feature - by SomeGuy - 09-19-2016, 07:43 AM
RE: Image Verifier/Analyzer Feature - by admin - 09-19-2016, 10:49 PM
RE: Image Verifier/Analyzer Feature - by admin - 09-20-2016, 10:56 PM
RE: Image Verifier/Analyzer Feature - by SomeGuy - 09-21-2016, 07:58 AM