Devices/emulators supporting SCP
This thread is for the discussion of all devices and emulations that are working on (or have completed) support for the SuperCard Pro hardware and/or .scp image file format.

Finished support:

HxC - supports read and write of .scp image files. You can use the HxC drive emulator software on a PC or Mac to convert to/from .scp format and a variety of image formats, such as .ipf, .raw, .adf, etc.
E-UAE, FS-UAE, WinUAE - full support for using .scp image files for floppy images.

Work in progress:

FPGA Arcade
Hatari - Atari ST emulation
AII
That's very nice! Would it be possible to include FS-UAE? http://fs-uae.net/
You also mentioned Vice was a no-go. How about CCS64?
Thanks.
I did not know about this one! It uses the ipf library, so it probably doesn't have very good Paula support - but I will look into it.

I don't know who writes CCS64, but I would be happy to help them with their floppy drive code and make it SCP friendly.
Quote:You also mentioned Vice was a no-go.
making a converter from .scp to .p64 should be almost trivial though
(01-08-2014, 05:31 PM)jupp Wrote:
Quote:You also mentioned Vice was a no-go.
making a converter from .scp to .p64 should be almost trivial though
Very true. I forgot that we can convert now.

(01-08-2014, 03:40 PM)admin Wrote: I did not know about this one! It uses the ipf library, so it probably doesn't have very good Paula support - but I will look into it.

I don't know who writes CCS64, but I would be happy to help them with their floppy drive code and make it SCP friendly.
CCS64 by HÃ¥kan Sundell. His email is phs(at)ccs64.com
I read somewhere that CCS64 has better true 1541 emulation than Vice.
(01-08-2014, 05:53 PM)longbow75 Wrote: I read somewhere that CCS64 has better true 1541 emulation than Vice.

That might have been true at one point. As it stands Vice has the best drive emulation, followed closely by Micro64. Micro64 is superiour in some respects, such as motor emulation.
Micro64? I have never heard of it! CCS64 is better for some things with the drive emulation. There are some things that work under CCS64 properly that don't with WinVICE. I would really like to help correct the few things missing from CCS64's drive emulation like multiple densities on a track. I will search for Micro64.

The P64 format (or WinVICE) still has issues with density changes and a couple of things. So, none of them are complete.
The one device that I would love it if it supported SCP is the 1541 Ultimate!
Has anybody contacted Gideon about supporting it? That would really be a breakthrough in my opinion.
Micro64 is written by BeRo (also creator of p64 format, who has posted in that thread on this board).
It's possible that I can add the .scp support in 1541 ultimate. I have added a few things already, like memory mapping for Supercard+ ROM and RAM. However, I don't know if it would be worth the time at this point. I have a 1541 emulation that I am working on that will be superior to the 1541 U2's emulation, supporting all of the 6522 features and using flux images. Technically, it should be every bit as compatible as a real 1541 drive, and will even have parallel cable support (plugging a parallel cable into the floppy drive interface).

Thanks for the info on Micro64.