Wimodem232 protocols for tcp
OK, but SLIP already works.  People are using it from what I have been told.  The WiModem232 is a real modem in all respects.  You can run a BBS with it.  A Slip connection uses the serial port with a real (or emulated) modem to communicate.  A PLIP connection is the parallel port version.  If this is not correct, please let me know!  Smile
(08-30-2020, 02:52 AM)admin Wrote: OK, but SLIP already works.  People are using it from what I have been told.  The WiModem232 is a real modem in all respects.  You can run a BBS with it.  A Slip connection uses the serial port with a real (or emulated) modem to communicate.  A PLIP connection is the parallel port version.  If this is not correct, please let me know!  Smile
Ok I dl'ed the rhslip from aminet.edited the config and still no connection.What setup are you using?
I am not using this at all.  I have never tried to get "online" (web browser) ever with the Amiga, I have only been told that people are using the WiModem232 with SLIP, connecting it exactly like you would with a real 56K modem.
(08-31-2020, 02:55 AM)admin Wrote: I am not using this at all.  I have never tried to get "online" (web browser) ever with the Amiga, I have only been told that people are using the WiModem232 with SLIP, connecting it exactly like you would with a real 56K modem.
Oh ok..thanx for the help anyway.
Ok..I plead ignorance..I wasnt directing to the modem itself in Genesis but now theres an interesting conundrum..I got as far as getting the modem to acknowledge (ATE1 Q0 V1 X4).Now what do I enter when it askes for phone number..since its a wimodem I know it will take ip adresses.
You would need to know an IP address to enter an internet portal I guess? The reality is that even at 115,200 baud the speed is really slow for use with a modern internet browser for the Amiga. 115,200 baud would be about 11.5K max through per second. A 500K image file is going to take >40 seconds to load. So, it would take several minutes to load a modern page.
I hear you.This would be used for Aminet searches and such..no Library of Congress here..Smile
Ha! Well, I know SLIP works with real modems. You can google "SLIP AMIGA MODEM" and find all sorts of how-to guides.
(09-01-2020, 03:56 AM)admin Wrote: Ha!  Well, I know SLIP works with real modems.  You can google "SLIP AMIGA MODEM" and find all sorts of how-to guides.
Ok..im close but it keeps telling me "Couldn't open serial.device unit 0"..I directed it to use the modem.I tested the modem with Term and it works fine.Anyone else had luck with this?
That error message comes from AmigaDOS, stating that the device can't be opened. Typically this occurs when using a device that is single threaded and is already open by some other application. You probably want to use something other than serial.device anyways since that is slower than others like baudbandit.device.