Creating TRS80 Copy Protected Floppies
The Windows binary is available under "Releases" on the Github page: https://github.com/simonowen/samdisk
(05-11-2020, 11:21 PM)admin Wrote: Sorry, I don't have a binary for the new one.  I am not 'C' guy, so I couldn't tell you how to compile that code.  I have been chatting with Jeff. He partially fixed HxC, but has another thing to fix still  It actually exposed an issue I have with single sided disks that are NOT C64 format.  So, now I have to figure out how I am going to handle these types of disks with the SCP software itself.  I think I am going to end up adding some new disk types for single-sided 40 track, single-sided 80 track formatted disks and also adding the heads to the copier.

It's funny, though. TRSDOS 2.8D (Model I double density) are single-sided, 40 track and they convert just fine.
Jeff is fixing the issue.
(05-12-2020, 08:24 AM)Kalidomra Wrote: The Windows binary is available under "Releases" on the Github page: https://github.com/simonowen/samdisk

Thanks for pointing that out.  I always forget that there is a RELEASES tab with Github.
(05-09-2020, 09:35 AM)admin Wrote: SAMDisk definitely converts to .scp.  In fact, the latest version (4.0 beta) can control the SCP hardware directly to read/write disks.

I just ran 4.0:

SAMdisk 4.0 ALPHA (Apr 29 2020), © 2002-20 Simon Owen

D:\Downloads\SAMdisk>samdisk ld3-531.dmk ld3-531.scp

Error: SCP is not supported for output

Is there a trick to it?
Well, I guess it doesn't support .scp outputs in the public version. It also doesn't support controlling the SCP hardware in the public, but both options are in the source code. I will have to ask Simon about this.
I'm trying HxC 2.4.1.8 now. It shows a single-sided disk correctly but SCP 2.10 still identifies it as having 20 tracks.
I have the latest beta from Jeff. It shows the tracks correctly now, but it shows the disk type as wrong (Atari ST). I also think I have a bug in the write back option. I will look at it this weekend.
(05-20-2020, 11:53 PM)admin Wrote: I have the latest beta from Jeff.  It shows the tracks correctly now, but it shows the disk type as wrong (Atari ST).  I also think I have a bug in the write back option.  I will look at it this weekend.

Did you ever find the problem?
Yes, but I am not sure how to fix it yet without breaking everything else.  HxC outputs the wrong disk type (Atari ST), so it causes the number of tracks to be wrong in the copier/imager.  Changing the disk type resets the flux buffer, number of tracks, and other parameters.  That is necessary when switching between disk types when imaging/copying different disks.  Changing this setting for the sake of making the disk type correct changes everything, and that is really necessary when deliberating switching disk types.  So, I am not sure yet how to handle this.  Maybe I can add another button to the options (maybe next to override) to handle cases like this.  I am still looking into it.