"Supercard Hardware in Update Mode" despite not
Hi, I've just got my Supercard Pro, updated the firmware to 1.2.
However there are a lot of strange things going on, rendering it unusable.
To be specific, first this is what the firmware update reports when I enter update mode:

I unplugged the flash jumper, powered off and turn SCP on again, now the green light on board is lit up
But when I launch SCP.exe, it throws this error at me:

If I remove jumper J1, the green light will turn off, but SCP.exe will launch with this error:

Click "OK" and now SCP software loads up, however it reports Hardware and Firmware versions as "0.0", and nothing works:

I've tried changing USB ports, changing OSes, and re-flashing SCP, none of which worked.

Could you look into the issue? Thank you very much.
Alll boards are shipped with v1.2 firmware (which has existed for several years now). There was no reason to attempt to update the firmware. I will look into this, but you may have to return the board to be reflashed if the version is showing as 0.0 and not anything else.
(03-04-2020, 02:03 AM)admin Wrote: Alll boards are shipped with v1.2 firmware (which has existed for several years now).  There was no reason to attempt to update the firmware.  I will look into this, but you may have to return the board to be reflashed if the version is showing as 0.0 and not anything else.

I updated the firmware because it tells me to update in the first place.
The thing about that jumper is also weird, are we supposed to have JP1 jumper plugged in or not when using SCP?
Because it keeps telling me to quit update mode if I have it on, which conflicts against what the manual tells me to do.
As stated in the manual, the jumper is only necessary for updating firmware. You should never have it plugged into the board during normal usage.
(03-04-2020, 09:05 AM)admin Wrote: As stated in the manual, the jumper is only necessary for updating firmware.  You should never have it plugged into the board during normal usage.
But the manual says "re-insert JP1 after flashing":

No, it says to re-insert J1 - which is the power jumper, not the jumper used for putting the SCP into firmware update mode.