Poll: What additional color would you like to see
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Opaque Orange (like VIC-20 Function keys)
25.64%
10 25.64%
Opaque Beige (like C64 Function keys)
5.13%
2 5.13%
Translucent purple
41.03%
16 41.03%
Translucent neon yellow
12.82%
5 12.82%
Opaque blue (matching C64C case)
2.56%
1 2.56%
Opaque red (matching C64C case)
0%
0 0%
Opaque green
2.56%
1 2.56%
Opaque yellow
5.13%
2 5.13%
Opaque neon green
5.13%
2 5.13%
Total 39 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Campaign Color Poll
(01-08-2020, 10:19 PM)Commodoreman Wrote: I’m in favor of black lettering if we choose opaque light blue.
Me too.
Having the opaque orange added would be nice too. Only to steal the function keys to match with a breadbin brown set, and then use the orange keyset with opaque red function keys in a black C64C case Wink but that requires some more votes and funding Smile
(01-09-2020, 12:43 AM)admin Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 10:19 PM)Commodoreman Wrote: I’m in favor of black lettering if we choose opaque light blue.

Noted!  After looking at how light of blue that is, I think black is the only thing that makes sense.  I am not sure how popular this keycap will actually be though.  If we end up with 20 people wanting it, I will have to consider some other color - so I am hoping for some feedback people!  Smile
Some other color???? NOOOOOO! This is so beautiful. But I like the one from your stretch goal picture with white color text!!! Imagine it with a dark olive or black Pixelwizard case!! Please do the opaque light blue, I'll take 2 sets!
My personal vote is that the keycap colors should be chosen based on what would look best with the available new C64C cases we have to choose from, and colors that compliment those color schemes as much as possible, then go with the more off-the-wall colors. That has been the biggest complaint since the new cases were made available... there have been all kinds of products to make an almost completely new C64, except for the keycaps.

Opaque light blue would really set off the SX-64 themed case. I had already planned on mixing white plus gray, but a color that matches the blue trim on the SX-64 would look amazing. As others have stated, the blue with white print as shown in the 'Stretch Goals' image looks perfect, and would compliment the dark gray and silver perfectly.
I think you would have more responses if you haven't placed your poll behind a registration wall..
(01-09-2020, 03:29 AM)3D-vice Wrote: I find the idea of an Opaque Light blue (like used on SX-64) set appealing, since I have a Pixelwizard C64C case in SX-64 color style. However, what exactly does this color look like? Looking at various SX-64 images, most of the color I see is gray... ish, but this might be a result of yellowing.

The blue on the SX-64 are the end caps, the trim line around the entire face, and the trim line around the Commodore logo on the keyboard.
(01-09-2020, 03:48 PM)tbtorro Wrote: I think you would have more responses if you haven't placed your poll behind a registration wall..

There is no way to turn the registration off and allow people to post or vote in polls.
(01-09-2020, 06:05 PM)admin Wrote:
(01-09-2020, 03:29 AM)3D-vice Wrote: I find the idea of an Opaque Light blue (like used on SX-64) set appealing, since I have a Pixelwizard C64C case in SX-64 color style. However, what exactly does this color look like? Looking at various SX-64 images, most of the color I see is gray... ish, but this might be a result of yellowing.

The blue on the SX-64 are the end caps, the trim line around the entire face, and the trim line around the Commodore logo on the keyboard.

Cool to see the opaque blue keycaps funded. But...
after looking at that rendering and comparing it to actual SX-64 Fotos (sure there are some WB- and ageing-issues here and there) and
comparing it to my SX-64, I have to say that it nearly doesn't look like the color people think they are striving for.
So I did a little color correction there:

https://imgur.com/a/FSOp40D
The is the correct color (RAL 5015) for the end caps. However, the face trim and trim around the Commodore logo are a slightly lighter shade of blue.
(01-10-2020, 01:50 AM)admin Wrote: The is the correct color (RAL 5015) for the end caps.  However, the face trim and trim around the Commodore logo are a slightly lighter shade of blue.

took my RAL-color chart to compare to my SX-64.
You're right with the trim around the C=-Logo (less prone to UV-Light maybe).
But the endcaps and face trim are really a different thing:

https://imgur.com/a/YYDykzm