Commodore Server
Ever since firmware version (well can't remember exactly seems like something to do with the 38400 speed) I can no longer load cometchat at 38400.

What can I do to troubleshoot this problem?

I've heard other people that are still working at 38400 with no problem.

Goog is having problems as well.

I can get connected, and load a directory. But not much otherwise.

Thanks!
What exact problem are you having? How are you launching Commodore server at 38400 baud? Does it work for you at 2400 baud? I use the program that ZeroPage wrote that sets the baud rate to 38400 and loads the V-1541 for 38400 baud. At that point I can type LOAD"$",2 and see a directory and I can load any of the programs in the directory (like the chat program, main menu, etc.) I don't have problems at any baud rate, so I am not sure how to even diagnose something I can't see!
(08-16-2018, 01:54 PM)admin Wrote: What exact problem are you having?  How are you launching Commodore server at 38400 baud?  Does it work for you at 2400 baud?   I use the program that ZeroPage wrote that sets the baud rate to 38400 and loads the V-1541 for 38400 baud.  At that point I can type LOAD"$",2 and see a directory and I can load any of the programs in the directory (like the chat program, main menu, etc.)  I don't have problems at any baud rate, so I am not sure how to even diagnose something I can't see!

I am also using csload38 to get connected/set 38400. I'm fairly certain that 2400 works.. I will test it to make sure.

When trying to load cometchat, or some of the other files, the screen blanks and never comes back.
Press the RUN/STOP key to see if the screen comes back. If so, the Commodore Server is not sending any data.
I didn't try 2400, but I did get connected 1 time at 38400. And was unable to after that. Pressing run/stop does show that info is being transferred at the top of the screen. Occasionally cometchat would load, but would not load its modules.
I am not sure what the issue is. Maybe it's an internet hop delay thing? Did you change your ISP or router? I have no issues at all, and I know others don't either (because I have chatted with them on Comet Chat WiModem to WiModem @38400).
Anyone having issues with Commodore server needs to update their WiModem firmware to v4.00.