New Cases for the WiModem232
I can most certainly see your point on being able to screw the case to the port, however, I do have a different view of a case design that uses pins. I don't care for any case that uses pins, as any repeated opening and closing of such a case will result in eventually breaking a pin thereby rendering the case useless as it won't be able to stay closed.

This is why I use heatsets in all my designs. They provide superior fastening that allow the user to open and close the case any number of times. Furthermore, you don't have to pry the case apart like you do with many pin style designs. Remove the screws and it's open!

In your Commodore Wimodem board, I liked how you laid out the board with a couple holes through the circuit board. It allowed the board to be securely fastened to the case while still allowing the case to remain slim. This WiModem232 however I was disappointed that no provisions were put in the board for mounting holes, even though there was room for it. As a result, in order to utilize this type of superior fastening hardware, I had to get creative.

I can most certainly adjust the design and come up with another that would plug in and allow the user to screw in the case while still using heatsets and screws if there was any call for it. This is however the first I have heard of this complaint.

Thomas
COREi64

(01-16-2018, 04:59 PM)admin Wrote: One of the problems reported to me with your case is that there is no way to run screws through the connector to attach it permanently to a RS-232 port or cable.  This is why I used pins in my design, which makes it so you can take it apart to do an emergency reset, but that requires very tiny pins that don't 3D print so well.
I designed the board to fit into an injected molded case, not for an aftermarket case. That's why there are no holes. Smile
No problems at all, I can design a case for anything. I'm used to it!

Thomas
COREi64
A couple new case designs for you guys.  For those of you with the desire to screw the WiModem232 into your machine, here is my WiModem232 OLED STYPE case:

[Image: IMG_2837.jpg]   [Image: IMG_2850.jpg]

And for those without the OLED that prefer a more sleek subdued look, here's the WiModem232 Flattop case:

[Image: IMG_2864.jpg]   [Image: IMG_2871.jpg]

Thomas
COREi64
When are those ones going up on your site?
Here you go...

WiModem232 OLED STYPE Edition Case (Screw-in type case)
http://corei64.com/store/products.php?126

WiModem232 Flattop Case (Alternate design for non-OLED)
http://corei64.com/store/products.php?123

Thomas
COREi64

(01-18-2018, 01:25 AM)c64Noob Wrote: When are those ones going up on your site?
Thanks. Though the 124 link doesn't work. I found it at 126. Thanks again!
(01-18-2018, 03:11 PM)COREi64 Wrote: Here you go...

http://corei64.com/store/products.php?124
http://corei64.com/store/products.php?125

Thomas
COREi64
Sorry about that.... I've fixed the links in my original message.

Thomas
COREi64

(01-19-2018, 01:53 AM)c64Noob Wrote: Thanks. Though the 124 link doesn't work. I found it at 126. Thanks again!
I got my case in the mail this past Monday. I hesitated at first when I saw the price at over $30 for a case. This is the first time I have ever bought/used anything that was 3D printed, so I was in a bit of shock when I saw the price. I read the fine print about the screws being needed, but initially thought I could get them at a hardware store. When I couldn't, I then ordered them online. Hopefully, they will be here in a couple more days. Considering the cost of those screws which should be under $1 for a set of three for the case, I would have thought it would have made sense to have shipped them with the case. Even if you did not want to install the pieces, it still would have made sense to have had a complete product ready to screw together when received.

Anyways, my 2 cents.

Beery
Hi.

Did you order the case direct from me, or through Shapeways? Reason I ask is that when I ship the case, it comes with the screws and heatsets installed. I even include the tool to remove and re-install the screws. So I can only assume you bought it from Shapeways.

Given that, I have to say that I don't print or ship the shapeways case. They print it and ship it. So, there is no way I could include screws and heatsets. That's why I mention it in the listing.

If you bought the case from me direct, everything is there.

Thomas

(01-24-2018, 10:47 AM)Beery Miller Wrote: I got my case in the mail this past Monday.  I hesitated at first when I saw the price at over $30 for a case.  This is the first time I have ever bought/used anything that was 3D printed, so I was in a bit of shock when I saw the price.  I read the fine print about the screws being needed, but initially thought I could get them at a hardware store.  When I couldn't, I then ordered them online.  Hopefully, they will be here in a couple more days.  Considering the cost of those screws which should be under $1 for a set of three for the case, I would have thought it would have made sense to have shipped them with the case.  Even if you did not want to install the pieces, it still would have made sense to have had a complete product ready to screw together when received.

Anyways, my 2 cents.

Beery