Disabling UP9600 hack for use with C128
I'm just curious what your suggestion might be then? I have other RS232 interfaces that work fine in 128 mode, under GEOS and Wheels.
Did you cut the other jumpers? If that doesn't work then it would be a problem with the software and the only solution would be to unplug the WiModem. The situations I have seen are when the program accidentally uses the user port lines.
I'm trying to understand the UP9600 (hack).  I've cut the jumper on my WiModem so I can use it with my C128D.  Everything seems to operate fine at 2400baud.  It also, seem to be ok at 4800 baud.  Even with Desterm I've been able to connect at 9600 and it seems ok.  

Some terminals give me all sorts of weirdness after 2400 baud.  

I'm just trying to understand what's happening and why 2400 is the upper limit with that jumper cut.  But is it?  9600 is working in some cases and it is clearly faster.
The UP9600 hack is strictly for the C64 (or C64 mode). You can use up to 9600 baud in C128 mode without any “hack” required.
Can you please re-post the image in the original post?  This 5 year old message is missing the image, and I don't know which trace to cut.
(11-19-2021, 12:31 PM)Divarin Wrote: Can you please re-post the image in the original post?  This 5 year old message is missing the image, and I don't know which trace to cut.

Fixed!  Thanks for pointing this out.
I realize this is a fairly old post, but I do plan on disconnecting the jumper to work with my Commodore 128, but one question, does the LED come off for easier access? 
Love this modem, I have been able to visit several sites so far!
I think you mean the OLED screen? No, it doesn't just come off and you don't need to remove it. You can simply break the trace with a small flat tipped screw driver or hobby knife (X-acto).
(08-30-2023, 01:03 PM)admin Wrote: I think you mean the OLED screen?  No, it doesn't just come off and you don't need to remove it.  You can simply break the trace with a small flat tipped screw driver or hobby knife (X-acto).

Thanks, I think I can fit underneath the OLED screen.