Won't Update to v1.91
(02-01-2016, 10:19 AM)admin Wrote: So after uninstalling the SCP software, re-installing it then lets the auto-update work correctly?

Yes! I had the exactly same problem as the original poster. Using Windows 10 64-bit and running administrator account and this is what happened:

Step 1) "SuperCard Pro Software Update - Current Version: 1.90 New Version: 1.91
"There is a newer version of SuperCard Pro software available. Do you want to download and install it now?"

Step 2) I click Yes and it gives this false message in 1-2 seconds:

Step 3) "Installation of the new version is complete!"

And again returns to the step 1.

Re-installing helped!

But to avoid possible frustration for someone bumping into this problem later, why not just add 1.91 to https://www.cbmstuff.com/downloads.htm
And update this https://www.cbmstuff.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6
I have done that, but it won't fix this issue for future updates unless you do the initial installation correctly (using Administrator mode by being logged into the Administrator account or by selecting "Install as Administrator" by right-clicking on the SCP icon).
I had many problems with installing the scp software on windows 10 - i followed all instructions in this thread but after that the card still wasn't recognized. I then tried to use my USB3 port instead of the USB2 port and from then on everything went ok.
Out of curiosity, what model motherboard and chipset are you using?
(06-22-2016, 02:40 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: Out of curiosity, what model motherboard and chipset are you using?

Motherboard: asus z-97 deluxe with CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 MHz, 4 core, 8 logical processors
That's odd. Do any other USB devices work in this port? Have you tried plugging it into this port again to see if it now works since the driver has been registered with Windows?
(06-24-2016, 03:48 PM)admin Wrote: That's odd.
No, that's Windows. Windows 10 can leave some things broken when it is installed via Upgrade from 7, 8.x to 10. I have had similar problems with other software on clients computers that are resolved by completely removing the application and all traces of settings and then re-installing the app. Usually this fixes it.
(02-01-2016, 10:19 AM)admin Wrote: So after uninstalling the SCP software, re-installing it then lets the auto-update work correctly?

Since I was having a problem with 1.91 (see my other posts), I tried reinstalling over it with the file from your website. It installed the program and drivers over the top of the 1.91 version OK. I got stuck at 1.90 and the infinite update loop. Every time I started the program (yes, it was in admin mode) it asked if I wanted to update. I'd choose yes and it said the update worked. It then restarted the program and said there's a new update available. If I chose yes, the whole thing happened all over again. If I chose No, I'd still have 1.90 installed. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no good. Finally, I got it to work. Not only did I uninstall, but I had to manually delete the SCP directory that the uninstall left behind. After I did that, I was able to reinstall and the update to 1.91 worked.

Tom Lake
Thanks for the info. That must be a Windows "thing". The uninstall should delete everything, including the SCP folder itself, so I will look into that.
(11-26-2016, 01:36 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:

Since I was having a problem with 1.91 (see my other posts), I tried reinstalling over it with the file from your website. It installed the program and drivers over the top of the 1.91 version OK. I got stuck at 1.90 and the infinite update loop. Every time I started the program (yes, it was in admin mode) it asked if I wanted to update. I'd choose yes and it said the update worked. It then restarted the program and said there's a new update available. If I chose yes, the whole thing happened all over again. If I chose No, I'd still have 1.90 installed. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no good. Finally, I got it to work. Not only did I uninstall, but I had to manually delete the SCP directory that the uninstall left behind. After I did that, I was able to reinstall and the update to 1.91 worked.

Tom Lake

Worked for me as well. I had actually even installed it once, and it worked, but then I get a:
Run-time error '53
File not found: FTD2XX.DLL

There as a suggestion to install SCP as administrator, so I tried this and I got the update problem here, and I had to uninstall and then manually delete the SCP folder which still had the SCP_1.90.exe file in it for some reason.

I now just have to find a solution for the DLL error, because its still there, but I have seen others mention it.