The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

CBMSTUFF FORUM
constant red led - Printable Version

+- CBMSTUFF FORUM (https://www.cbmstuff.com/forum)
+-- Forum: CBMSTUFF PRODUCTS (https://www.cbmstuff.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: WiModem (https://www.cbmstuff.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+---- Forum: Usage (https://www.cbmstuff.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Thread: constant red led (/showthread.php?tid=443)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: constant red led - desrat - 01-07-2018

(01-07-2018, 01:13 PM)desrat Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 01:05 PM)admin Wrote: Yes, there is an emergency reset just like the WiModem232.  See the manual for details.

I ask because i knew I missed it...thanx.

This is weird..when i power it up with the short..it wont power up..which is normal..if i add the short while power is on..it doesnt react...???

RE: constant red led - admin - 01-08-2018

As stated in the manual, you have to have the modem already powered up before you apply the short.  Once you apply the short (and you are using firmware v2.00 or later), after 3 seconds the LED will turn blue at which point the baud rate (only) is reset to 300 baud.  If you leave the short in place until the LED flashes alternately red/blue then the entire EEPROM is reset to factory defaults (like you typed AT&F).  If your LED doesn't respond then you are using older firmware that doesn't support this.

If the modem can power up at all, then you can update the firmware.

What do you see on the display for the version number when you power up the modem?

RE: constant red led - desrat - 01-08-2018

Ok, so there is no reset then.

Ok, so you power up the modem and then run your terminal program. v1.97 default is 300 baud if you do the AT&F reset. Otherwise, it was 2400 baud.

If you run CCGMS or another terminal program you should be able to change the baud rate of the terminal program and figure out which baud rate the modem is in by pressing RETURN several times, and then try typing text. Once you figure out the baud rate so you can communicate with it, you can then setup the router. YOU MUST BE IN ASCII TEXT MODE WHEN SETTING UP THE ROUTER!. In CCGMS, this is called ANSCII, *NOT* CBM GRAPHICS mode.

(01-08-2018, 02:17 PM)admin Wrote: Ok, so there is no reset then.

Ok, so you power up the modem and then run your terminal program.  v1.97 default is 300 baud if you do the AT&F reset.  Otherwise, it was 2400 baud.

If you run CCGMS or another terminal program you should be able to change the baud rate of the terminal program and figure out which baud rate the modem is in by pressing RETURN several times, and then try typing text.  Once you figure out the baud rate so you can communicate with it, you can then setup the router.  YOU MUST BE IN ASCII TEXT MODE WHEN SETTING UP THE ROUTER!.  In CCGMS, this is called ANSCII, *NOT* CBM GRAPHICS mode.

Ok..will try that..brb

Nope..no response..trid half duplex(to see if i typed wrong)..tried 300,1200,2400.on power-up it finds the router...unlike the wimodem232 which powers up red..then white..then green..wimodem just goes from amber to red..dunno..

What you are saying about either modem makes no sense. Both WiModem and WiModem232 will power up with the LED white for 3 seconds and then the LED will pulsate red while it looks for a router. If a router connection is made, the LED turns yellow. Otherwise, the LED will turn solid red. When a dial-up connection occurs, the LED will turn green. When the connection hangs up, the LED will return to yellow.

If the WiModem is finding the router, the LED will be solid yellow - not solid red. Solid red means it did not find the router.

Did you try 9600 baud? Maybe you were in that mode? Remember to change the type to UP9600 when you test 9600 baud.

Does this C64 work with any other USER port devices? Have you tried the WiModem on a different C64 to remove the possibility that the CIA went bad?

will get back to you on that

RE: constant red led - desrat - 01-28-2018

(01-08-2018, 06:12 PM)desrat Wrote: will get back to you on that

Ok..tried it on my 128d..works fine..like you said..CIA's are toasted.Just happy that the modem isnt fried..Smile