CBMSTUFF FORUM

Full Version: Can't read working C64 disks w/ JU-475
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had good success with this drive with both Atari 800 and Apple II images (via a8rawconv and the SCP), but I cannot read C64 disks that read fine in my 1541.  I also haven't been able to write d64s converted via HxC to flux as well.

Went over just about every thread in here.  I have the EX jumper set, tried both splice and index mode.  Tried exporting to both .g64 and .d64 as well as flux first then converting.  No luck at all.

I'm sure it's something on my end, this is definitely SCP's strong suit and from what I've read on here, the JU-475 is the ideal drive (and mine is definitely working for other platforms).
Send me a disk image you are trying to write and I can tell you what the issue is. Send it to: data @ cbmstuff.com
(03-06-2023, 07:54 PM)telengard Wrote: [ -> ]I've had good success with this drive with both Atari 800 and Apple II images (via a8rawconv and the SCP), but I cannot read C64 disks that read fine in my 1541.  I also haven't been able to write d64s converted via HxC to flux as well.

Went over just about every thread in here.  I have the EX jumper set, tried both splice and index mode.  Tried exporting to both .g64 and .d64 as well as flux first then converting.  No luck at all.

I'm sure it's something on my end, this is definitely SCP's strong suit and from what I've read on here, the JU-475 is the ideal drive (and mine is definitely working for other platforms).

Just sent, thank you
I responded to your email. Something is wrong with your drive. There is no way you should be able to read/write any disk with that drive, regardless of the disk format.