CBMSTUFF FORUM

Full Version: Problems after latest firmware update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using a WiModem232 with Commodore User Port.
I recently applied the latest firmware upgrade: v4.30-03/11/22

When using the Commodore 64 to talk to the WiModem232, things look good.
However, after I connect to a BBS, I get very long delays in keystroke echos.

In some cases it seems like things are locked up, but the clock on the terminal program is running - so I know the software side is still running.

Sometimes, I can get the modem's attention (i.e. +++) and the modem will respond to my commands.
But when I go back on line (ATO), the BBS is not echoing back any of my keystrokes.
Then something will happen and many (I can't tell if all) of my keystrokes will get echoed back from the BBS.  It's almost like some sort of flow control issue.

Notes:
1. I had used this same modem just before the update without any problems.  I had also used this same modem immediately after the update with no problems either.  So that's strange.
2. I have a WiModem232 RS-232 that I use on my other systems and I have **not** noticed any problems with that.
You can try going back to the last version of firmware (v4.20) by typing AT*DOWNGRADE and see if works as it did before. You could also try using AT&F to restore the settings to the defaults.
(03-16-2022, 09:16 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]You can try going back to the last version of firmware (v4.20) by typing AT*DOWNGRADE and see if works as it did before.  You could also try using AT&F to restore the settings to the defaults.

I had already tried the AT&F with no success.

But the AT*DOWNGRADE worked. 
Firmware v4.20-08/28/21 doesn't have the problem that I was experiencing.
I have never used the WiModem232 with a Commodore user port before (we have the WiModem for that), so I am not sure what the issue would be.