CBMSTUFF FORUM

Full Version: "Load Image" button not enabled...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm unable to load images in the SCP software and I've no idea why:
[attachment=344]

The "Load Image" button is greyed out - the SCP is attached to the system, but no drive is connected to the SCP.

Help!

tnx.

g.
LOAD IMAGE is only for creating real disks. If there is no drive connected then you can’t create a real disk!
So how would I go about creating a g64 or d64 file from an SCP image?

Having Load Image disabled when the source "device" is a flux image file doesn't make sense. How else are you going to provide an image as the source? Clicking "Start Conversion" doesn't prompt for a file either.

g.
Click the START CONVERSION button.  Only .g64 is supported.  .d64 *requires* the flux to be read from an actual disk because this is a "salvage" mode.
Clicking Start Conversion does nothing - unless your saying that that ALSO requires a physical disk. Why would .d64 require a physical disk if you've already got a flux file?

Why is "Flux Image" ostensibly a valid Source Device if there's no way to actually specify a flux file?

tnx.

g.
For C64 formats you can only select .g64 to convert from a .scp image.  If you select .d64 without a real disk drive in use it won’t respond to starting the conversion.  I need to remove that option from the software.  You can NOT convert a .scp image to a .d64 image.  That *requires* a real disk as that is a salvage mode.  This means that the disk is re-read as necessary to recover all sectors.  Since there is no way to verify a .g64 image there is no reason to re-read it, so it can be converted from an image.  “Flux” is available as an option for several formats.
Ok, thanks.

g.
Another thing to keep in mind is that with .g64 format you need to have multiple revolutions in order to find the start and end of the track. A single (INDEX) revolution will not work. Same is true for .adf conversions.