CBMSTUFF FORUM

Full Version: Cannot Connect to WiFi, No Router Located?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, something changed in your router. WPS just automates the same process used with the AT*SSID command. Maybe someone got into your router remotely? You are definitely using very old WiModem firmware - the AT*REBOOT command was removed years ago.
What I am saying is that I cannot connect to ANY access point.  Any SSID.  On my network, another network, tethered, what have you...it will not connect manually.  

I have discovered, that if I use the AT*NS[1],passphrase process this works as well as WPS.  

I've used different terminal programs as well, in C64 mode, C128, ANSI, CBM, etc... etc....  

I mean at this point I am connected, but AT*SSID [name][,passphrase] does not work.  And my access point names are basic; HomeAP and HOMEAP2 for example.
Are you using ANSCII mode for your terminal program? You should be seeing capital letters when you are typing. As stated in the manual, you can’t be in a “graphics” mode when you are entering a SSID and password. With CCGMS you need to toggle mode to ANSCII.
(01-12-2022, 06:12 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using ANSCII mode for your terminal program?  You should be seeing capital letters when you are typing.  As stated in the manual, you can’t be in a “graphics” mode when you are entering a SSID and password.  With CCGMS you need to toggle mode to ANSCII.

This error has been driving me nuts for ages, however, it seems that for me at least the problem has been with the Manual. In the example at the begining of the manual it suggests the format "AT*SSID NETGEAR24,WiModem1" should work however, in my case including the space between 'SSID' and the SSID name causes 'No Router Located' errors. using the format "AT*SSIDNETGEAR24,WiModem1" works fine. The section of the manual that describes AT*SSID seems correct in that there is no space.

I hope this helps.
I have made a note in the new manual that there is no space between the command and the router name. ALL other commands are this way as well. There are NO spaces between a command and data that follows.
Pages: 1 2