CBMSTUFF FORUM

Full Version: Made a simple power switch...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After seeing this thread. https://www.cbmstuff.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=458 I thought it was a good idea, but I wanted something a little cleaner.

I created a simple power switch for the WiModem232.

I used an inline rocker torpedo switch (Normally used as a light switch on a power cable), and a short mini USB extension cable. Both found on ebay.

Very carefully cutting away the outer black on the cable, the width of where it seems sensible inside the switch. Then cutting only the red wire, and soldered it to either side of the switch.

Making sure that the socket and plug are the correct way up, before closing the outer shell.

This way, it saves from plugging and unplugging from the back of the Wimodem232, when it's not actually in use, and you don't have a switch on your power strip for the computer, etc.

I found cables like this for micro USB, but couldn't find any for mini USB, that was cheap enough for such a thing. Seen them going for £9, which is way over the top when you can get the micro USB one for for less than third of the price.

Now I've got one for less than £4.

EDIT - Photos added...

Just click on the thumbnails to see the photos full size.

[Image: DSC_0128_-_Copy.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0127_-_Copy.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0130_-_Copy.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0131_-_Copy.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0132_-_Copy.jpg]
Can you post some pictures for people? Thanks!
First post updated with pics.
Thanks!