CBMSTUFF FORUM

Full Version: Q-link not logging on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've follow the instructions to connect to Quantum Link.  The connection process completes (WiModem says it is connected) and the Q-Link software brings me to the main Q-link page and says Waiting for Quantum Link.  I can type into the text area at the bottom but it just sits there for a while until it says Connection Reset, Press F5 to return to basic.  Which is the only thing I can do at that stage.  The WiModem still shows that it is connected to q-link.net however.
Sounds like Q-link is not responding. I will test it myself.
I was able to log into Q-Link today with no problems. I went through the various departments and was able to chat to the IRC c64friends portal.
(03-16-2017, 10:08 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]I was able to log into Q-Link today with no problems.  I went through the various departments and was able to chat to the IRC c64friends portal.

Hmmm..ok thanks.  I'll try again tonight but I know it was not working for me last night.  Can you verify these steps;

Open my terminal

At*b1200 - set baud
at*c0 

Load Q-link disk

I've already set AT&SN0=5551212,q-link.net:5190
Not quite:

AT*B1200
AT&C0

You also have the url in the spoofing wrong. It should be:

AT&SN0=5551212,QLINK.LYONLABS.ORG:5190
(03-16-2017, 10:45 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]Not quite:

AT*B1200
AT&C0

You also have the url in the spoofing wrong.  It should be:

AT&SN0=5551212,QLINK.LYONLABS.ORG:5190
Still no dice.  I used that URL before, both connect but it just says Waiting for Q-Link.  After a few mins says connection reset but the WiModem shows connected.  argh....  if I switch to a terminal and hit hit it responds with Terminal= which means its connected according to the Q-link site.
Maybe your Q-Link disk needs to be validated? You can do that using the connection setup program.
(03-16-2017, 08:01 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe your Q-Link disk needs to be validated?  You can do that using the connection setup program.

So here is something interesting.  I swapped out my 1541 with my 1571 (for unrelated testing) and Q-link started working.  I think you were on to something about disk validation.  In any case....all good thanks for the help.