CBMSTUFF FORUM

Full Version: Help Needed connecting WiModem with CCGMS 7.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Title of thread says it all.  I am having trouble connecting my new WiModem with CCGMS 7.1.  First off, it seems that capital letters and lowercase are reversed, as when I use AT commands, I see things such as:

wImODEM - ©2016 bY jIM dREW
fIRMWARE
bAUD
(etc., you get the picture)

I am not sure if this is a problem or not, but either way, after I scan for networks with at*n, and after I see my network listed, I still can't join the network by manually typing in the SSID or by using the AT*NS method.  For both procedures, it says "nO ROUTER LOCATED!" (again, the "n" is in lowercase).  And this is after the network scan is picking up my network.

Any trouble shooting tips you may have for me Jim (or anyone else)?

UPDATE: Changed to ASCII mode in CCGMS and obviously that fixed my capitalization problem, but still a no go even though AT*N command lists my router and I am putting my password in correctly.
The password can not have any space or non-CBM characters in it. The router name is the same, but the AT*N handles that part correctly for router names with spaces.
(02-16-2017, 09:50 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]The password can not have any space or non-CBM characters in it.  The router name is the same, but the AT*N handles that part correctly for router names with spaces.

I will try again after I get back from work this morning, but my password is my wife's first name followed by her year of birth.  Basically, 5 letters followed immediately by 4 numbers.  The first letter of her name is capitalized in the password, however.  Not sure if that is causing the problem, but I can report back (and freshen up on which CBM characters I can use) later today.  Thanks for the response!   Smile
What type of encryption is your router setup for? It doesn't matter if you have upper/lower case characters. My router's password has both upper/lower case, a number, and an exclamation mark (!) in it.
Looks like I am good to go. I was not able to get the WiModem to connect by typing in my SSID or my password. I was using WPA-PSK.

However, just as one last ditch effort, I switched my router to WPA2-PSK (WPA2 is the only setting to switch on WPS), set my new password all in numbers, and then enabled WPS. With fingers crossed, I pushed the WPS button on my router and then in CCGMS, typed in the ATWPS command in your instructions and, voila, it worked! It said I was connected, the LED turned colors, and I tried to connect to Google's server and everything took in CCGMS. Finally, I telnetted to Borderline BBS and that came up nicely.

I don't know what was going on with me manually entering the SSID and password, but it just wouldn't work and I was probably doing something wrong. Very glad the WPS option worked after enabling it.