CBMSTUFF FORUM

Full Version: Telnet to sdf.org - anyone have success?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Has anyone had success connecting to sdf.org shell account?

So far I've been able to connect my WiModem to BBS's, commoreserver.com, and Q-Link Reloaded.  Is it possible to connect to a shell account via telnet, for example using sdf.org?

Here's what I'm trying:

ATDT SDF.ORG:22
Response: CONNECT [connection freezes]

and

ATDT SDF.ORG:23
Response: [some SSH information, then connection freezes]

Any tips?  Perhaps I need to specify a different port number?
I've managed to telnet to a server on my own network using Kpym

http://www.kpym.com/2/kpym/faq.htm

It was fairly painless if I remember correctly.

You may have to play with uppercase/lowercase for the address.
i somehow doubt that shell providers still offer actual telnet - its probably SSH most of the time, and that certainly will not work
(02-09-2017, 02:29 PM)jupp Wrote: [ -> ]i somehow doubt that shell providers still offer actual telnet - its probably SSH most of the time, and that certainly will not work

Ok, thanks for the feedback.  I know SSH isn't possible on a 64.  Smile
Hi,

I am a lifetime member of sdf.org and have had several shell accounts with sdf.org using my C-64.
I have tried to connect directly to sdf.org using the WiModem with no success. But here is what I have done to get connected to sdf.org
I have found several BBS's on the net that have telnet outbound. I telnet to the BBS with my C-64, log in on that BBS and become a member of that BBS. Then go to their main menu looking for internet services and telnet outbound.
Once in the telnet outbound menu, I type in sdf.org and am telnetted again to sdf.org. I then, log into sdf.org
I hope that this can help you.
A connection is a connection, so if sdf.org does not respond with data, then you probably have the wrong port number or it's being refused for whatever reason.