CBMSTUFF FORUM

Full Version: Boulder Dash II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to image the PC DOS version of Boulder Dash II, which is 360K disk that is reported to use weak bits protection.

I'm using a Panasonic JU-475-4 1.2M drive, with IBM 360k disk type, 96 TPI drive type, Raw weak bits, Low density settings under SCP.

The SCP image shows a large orange section under HxC, and I'm unable to get the files working under DOSBox, after converting to IMG disk type.

I uploaded the SCP image at http://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B...sp=sharing

Has this disk gone bad, or any I doing something wrong? as this is first time I have dealt with weak bits protection.
Welcome to the wonderful world of copy protection.

Your disk is copy protected.

An "IMG" file is a simple sector image. The SuperCard Pro can fully archive and duplicate copy protected disks, however converting an SCP file to an IMG strips out anything that a vendor may have used for copy protection.

To run this software "as is", you will need an emulator that supports directly reading SCP (or similar) images. As far as I know, DOSBox does not support that, therefor it can not run this software.
Disk Copy Protected emulation (FDC via INT-13) supports on PCE (IBM PC 5150 emulator only, Not PC-Engine related).
No other emulator doesn't support.

I recommend to dump Boulder Dash II as twice or three/four times.

Only PCE can run on this game without cracking.