CBMSTUFF FORUM

Full Version: ADF support!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Did this ever lead to something Jim?
Yes, the flux images were being converted from .scp files that were dumped as INDEX. You really should do the .adf conversion from a disk (so there are retries), but if not, you must use SPLICE mode with at least 2 revs in order for .adf conversion to work.
Hey there.

Was wondering if any progress has been made in getting an update into this software to write ADF's back to diskette. You had mentioned some time ago that you were looking at writing a routine to do that. Wondering where you're at on that.

(I am aware of the work-around) but would be nice to be able to do it right in your software.

Thanks,
Thomas

(06-12-2014, 11:30 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]I am looking at making a routine for writing .adf's back to floppy.
No, I have not made any progress on it this because there are numerous programs already that support the SCP hardware and .scp image format that will do this.  Two common ways are to use Keir's Disk Utils or the HxC Floppy Drive Emulator, which supports converting to/from .scp and a few dozen different image formats.
Hello,

I received my SuperCard Pro few days ago and is working fine.

Really is not possible to implement the ADF writing option? Keirf utilities aare developed for Linux and I'm using W10Pro as main OS.

I don't know, but I think this option will be very useful for many SCP owners.

Best Regards
You can use HxC Floppy Drive Emulator software to convert .adf images to .scp images which can then be written back using the SuperCard Pro software. Nobody has really requested the ability to write an .adf image and since HxC can convert just about every disk format to .scp it has never been a priority.
But maybe its easier than instead of using multiple tools?

How's about the idea of the flashmem accessible as a storage for multiple formats completely writeable with the supercard pro inklusiding verify?
The SuperCard Pro's function is to handle flux data, not upper level disk formats.  There are numerous utilities and utilities that support the .scp image format.
Pages: 1 2 3