WiModem232 VS Wyse 60 Dumb Terminal
Anyone get this or something similar working? Been playing with settings , just can not seem to get it going.
Can you explain exactly what this is and what you are trying to do?
I have the wiimodem232 plugged into the back of the wyse terminal in the Modem port. I have the Wyse terminal set to 300 baud, 8n1. But I am not getting anything when I type ATI, in fact it does not echo back at me, i do get a keyboard click though. There is a gender switcher in between the wiimodem and the Wyse 60. The users manual for a Wyse 60 is here...

https://archive.org/details/bitsavers_wy...Wy_4156069
What is COMM MODE set to you in the Wyse's setup menu?

RCV HANDSHAKE and XMT HANDSHAKE should both be set to NONE.

Also note that there are AUX and non-AUX setups.  I believe you need to have both set the same (300 baud, 8N1, no handshaking).  You might also have to change the PERSONALITY setting to something other than Wyse, unless you have one at each end of your communications.

You have verified that this works with other devices?
(07-11-2019, 02:04 PM)admin Wrote: What is COMM MODE set to you in the Wyse's setup menu?

RCV HANDSHAKE and XMT HANDSHAKE should both be set to NONE.

Also note that there are AUX and non-AUX setups.  I believe you need to have both set the same (300 baud, 8N1, no handshaking).  You might also have to change the PERSONALITY setting to something other than Wyse, unless you have one at each end of your communications.

You have verified that this works with other devices?

I played it with a bit more. COMM MODE is set to FULL DUPLEX
RCV HANDSHAKE and XMT HANDSHAKE were set to NONE.
Yes, the modem and the aux are both set identical.
I had the PERSONALITY set to VT100, I have also tried PC and it did not seem to change things.

I hooked up the terminal to a Mac with a keyspan adapter, a null modem adapter and straight cable  and was able to use WYSE 60 as a dumb terminal, so I am pretty sure the WYSE is working ok.

BTW I shorted the emergency reset pads, I let it go all the way to the blinking red lights and removed the short (while on) , but the WiiModem232 still seems to know my network name and connects to it. I thought it would lose that information.
The LED should blink red/blue when the unit has been put into reset mode.
(07-12-2019, 08:23 AM)admin Wrote: The LED should blink red/blue when the unit has been put into reset mode.

Yes, that is what I meant. It first was blue, then went to the red/blue blinking. That is when I disconnected the short, but it still remembered my network name and said an update was available.
Did you try the WiModem232 with your Mac?
(07-12-2019, 10:13 AM)admin Wrote: Did you try the WiModem232 with your Mac?

I can try that. I was using it with my TRS-80 Model IV and it was working a few months ago, I just have to dig that out of the closet.
OK, so the issue would have to be with the cable connection. One note that I did see in the Wyse documentation was to not connect pins 6 and 8 of the serial port. Those are DTR and DCD. Maybe there is an issue with the DCD.