What am I doing wrong? Apple IIe
WiModem232 with OLED, gender changer on an Apple IIe with SSC. The SSC is set exactly like the pictures in the setup thread. The SSC works well with ADT. When I try to enter Terminal mode with Proterm, pressing closed-apple-T does absolutely nothing. I just can't get it to terminal mode. What can I be doing wrong?
Are you plugging the WiModem232 directly into the SCC or are you using a cable connected between them?

ADT should not work at all with the dip switch settings shown in the picture. ADT also requires a NULL modem cable, which will not work with the WiModem232. Just like a real modem you must use a modem cable, which is not the same as a NULL modem cable.

Are you selecting a 300 baud modem driver?
(09-26-2018, 06:30 PM)admin Wrote: Are you plugging the WiModem232 directly into the SCC or are you using a cable connected between them?

ADT should not work at all with the dip switch settings shown in the picture. ADT also requires a NULL modem cable, which will not work with the WiModem232.  Just like a real modem you must use a modem cable, which is not the same as a NULL modem cable.

Are you selecting a 300 baud modem driver?

Plugged directly into the SSC with the gender changer. I've tried every 300 baud option available in ProTerm.

I have the card set exactly like in the pictures on the usage thread
You should be able to get into terminal mode through the keyboard short cut or pull-down menu. This has nothing to do with the modem connected. Have you tried using the pull-down menu?
(09-26-2018, 11:04 PM)admin Wrote: You should be able to get into terminal mode through the keyboard short cut or pull-down menu. This has nothing to do with the modem connected. Have you tried using the pull-down menu?

This seems like it should not be this difficult for me. It's frustrating, lol.

I can't find a 5.25 disk version of ProTerm 3.1 that I can get to work on my fully upgraded IIe. I've tried many copies of 3.1, and they will not load.
"lostclassics.apple2.info" seems to be where every site links to it, but the site is long gone.

I'm using an earlier version of PT, I can't seem to find a pulldown menu.
OK, I've decided to pull out my SSC and stick it in my IIgs since I don't have a IIgs modem cable right now. So after all that, I follow the instructions and connect on the first try. The problem seems to be the fact that I can't find a single copy or ProTerm 3.1 that will run on my IIe. I got an 800k copy easily for my IIgs and everything works well.

I would still like to have it on my IIe, if somebody can help me out with the Proterm issue.
Glad to hear that the WiModem is working. I got a floppy drive emulator for my Apple IIe and it came with ProTerm as a disk image. I have seen ProTerm on several websites though. I am not sure how you would get an original 5.25" disk of ProTerm - maybe look at eBay!
(09-27-2018, 06:39 PM)admin Wrote: Glad to hear that the WiModem is working.  I got a floppy drive emulator for my Apple IIe and it came with ProTerm as a disk image.  I have seen ProTerm on several websites though.  I am not sure how you would get an original 5.25" disk of ProTerm - maybe look at eBay!

don't need the disk, just the image Smile
https://macgui.com/downloads/?file_id=2089
(09-27-2018, 11:22 PM)admin Wrote: https://macgui.com/downloads/?file_id=2089

Thanks! It's great checking out these BBS's. I had my IIe throughout the 80's but being in small town Iowa, my mom wouldn't let me dial long distance for them LOL!