New User - Problems talking to WiModem232 v2
Hi there. I recently picked up the WiModem232 with OLED v2.

I have an Apple IIGS ROM1
the WiModem
This other cable that I use to connect from my modem port to a USB cable typically for ADTPro - and that works just fine.

And I had to pick up this adaptor to change the genders to connect to the WiModem.

I have attached some pictures. I'm wondering, is my hardware even correct. I see some talk of a NULL modem cable. I honestly forgot what cable I have but it was just a cheap cable I bought off ebay, but it DOES work when i connect for ADP Pro, unless the wiring inside is different and it's ill-suited for what I'm doing here.

I'm using ProTerm 3.1. When I load it up, it wants me to select a modem driver and Port. Well, I choose the Apple Modem 300 (as I understand its only working with 300 baud). I then select the Apple IIGS built in modem port and none of this smart serial business.

I input the init code, and I just blow past the printer settings as I don't know why it needs to talk to the printer. What is that for?

Anyways, I try to save, use the init settings from here (https://www.cbmstuff.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=477)

ProTerm says it's unable to init. 

I don't know if's the hardware I have or just picking the wrong things via software or both.

ADP Pro only works with a NULL modem cable. You need a MODEM cable! That is your problem.
(06-11-2018, 12:23 PM)admin Wrote: ADP Pro only works with a NULL modem cable.  You need a MODEM cable!  That is your problem.

Thanks. Crap. Another cable to buy.  Dodgy
Would you be able to point me in the direction to find one for my IIGS and the WiModem?
(06-11-2018, 12:30 PM)mike6432 Wrote: Would you be able to point me in the direction to find one for my IIGS and the WiModem?

This will do the job for you on a //gs.  I've got one (Jim actually recommended it to me) and it works perfectly.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=516

Amazingly inexpensive, too.  It's only a few dollars and shipping is cheap.  They sell the exact same product on Amazon for almost three times as much after shipping.
- Jarrod Kailef, Wearer of Many Hats

[Image: SignatureRow.png?raw=1]
I have the proper cables in stock and will be putting them on the online store.