New user with C64 problems
Hey guys my main reason for getting a supercard pro was to archive a few thousand Amiga disks from both 5.25 and 3.5" disks, this had been going quite well even though most of the disks are degraded. I'm getting about a 50% success rate after cleaning, pulling disks apart putting them in better covers etc blah Smile the usual suffering, sometimes It's taking me an hour to construct a working disk but I am getting it done.  That's using the .adf mode on the SCP software. SCP images itself I've had no luck with at all, never been able to get anything readable. After having destroyed all three of my Teac drives this last week trying to archive the 5.25s. I moved onto my 3.5s and there again I'm going ok at 50%. No problems, still can't do scp images that are worth anything, it just reads too fast too get any kind of working image I think. 

But now to my question. Today I bought a 360k (DS-60A) drive so I could start on my C64 disks and this is just going terribly badly.. I can't get it to read anything, everything sounds sweet the drive is ticking away nicely (it's a working drive no problems about that). I had the idea of just reading all my disks to .g64 and perhaps writing some .d64s back to disks using the card but it seems like the second part of my plan at least isn't possible? If it's not really the ideal card for the C64 stuff will someone just save me the torment and I'll get something else for this job, For the Amiga in .adf mode it goes pretty good indeed but every time I'm reading a c64 disk I'm getting images that can't be read in VICE at all, I've tried the settings other have reported here and no changes yet.
.d64 is not supported directly through SuperCard Pro. However, there are many programs that will convert .g64 to .d64. You should be able to read any .g64 image in VICE. MAKE SURE that you are using SPLICE mode to .g64, not INDEX unless the disk was commercially produced (like an EPYX, EA, Mindscape, etc. game).
I'll give it another shot tonight, is there anyway to test writing back to a disk to test it out if I don't have a working .scp image? is there anyway to convert a .d64 to a .g64 and then to a .scp? without going bald and grey trying at least
There is no way currently to convert .d64 or .g64 to .scp, which is required for writing actual disks.

You can test write by copying any commercially produced disk, like virtually any game or things like Commodore's TEST/DEMO disk.
Thanks for the answers, I think at this stage I'll hang the supercard up for C64 work, I just wanted to write some floppies and archive some of my brothers old paintings from Koala paint etc. Can't really seem to find a way to do either, it's ok for the Amiga though on the rare times I find a 5.25 drive that will read in adf mode. Not sure if the Kryoflux can get this stuff done either, I might try and get my catweasel running that used to work quite well for the C64 except the drivers were pretty bad.
I am working on .d64 conversion for the .g64 files. That will resolve your issue.