v2.70 - 02/07/18 Firmware Update
Tonight I powercycled my WiModem232 and saw there was a firmware update.  After applying that update, my modem stopped sending any data to my terminal's screen.  (Typed commands didn't echo, the answers to those commands didn't print out, and when connected to a BBS, the data being sent by the BBS did not appear on the screen)

I found that to resolve this issue (on my Apple //e with a Super Serial Card) that I needed to configure my modem to &C0 and *D1.  Once I did that, I was again able to see output from the modem on my screen.  I saved those settings and haven't had any issues since then.  (Previous to this firmware update, I had to use &C0 and *D0)

I assume this difference has to do with the following changes:
  • Changed default DCD polarity to be LOW for WiModem232.
  • Fixed AT&C1 and AT*D to output the correct DCD state while in COMMAND.
I am truly mystified as to why my computer doesn't want to play nice with the modem when it's set to actually track DCD via &C1.
- Jarrod Kailef, Wearer of Many Hats

[Image: SignatureRow.png?raw=1]
Once my IIc arrives I can test the settings needed for the SSC. Nobody else has reported this problem though, so I am not sure if there is an issue with your WiModem or SSC, or just something odd in your settings for ProTERM.
(02-09-2018, 06:46 PM)admin Wrote: Once my IIc arrives I can test the settings needed for the SSC.  Nobody else has reported this problem though, so I am not sure if there is an issue with your WiModem or SSC, or just something odd in your settings for ProTERM.

Just FYI, I have a second Super Serial Card and get the same symptoms through that one, too.  Also these symptoms are not unique to ProTERM, they also happen in Agate and ZLink, the other two terminal programs I have.  I'm really not complaining, just explaining.  It works fine for my purposes with the settings I mentioned, so I was just posting it here in case somebody else had similar symptoms.

There is definitely something odd. I don't see any issues with my Laser128, and others have posted here with Apple IIc, IIe, and IIgs systems that also work without any changes required like you have described. I do have a IIgs now, and I should have the IIe by Wednesday. I would like to figure out why you are having these issues and make whatever correction(s) that might necessary. This should be a simple plug and play product for everyone.
I'm expecting that we'll eventually find that it's just some weird peculiarity with my specific //e (or with the user, heh) but we'll see.

Hi,

Why is firmware 3.00 not listed, that is what I have on mine currently.
V3.0 adds the hard drive support for the C64. I will add the changes.