What do the various non-rgy values mean?
I am new to the SCP world, but I'm quite happy with what I've seen and learned so far. Most of what I've done has been on Amiga 3.5" floppies, with a couple of tries on C64 5.25" for grins. I have what I hope will be a simple question about disk copier. I've seen green (should be perfectly fine), yellow (not great, but could be ok), and red (definitely not ok) sectors (?) in disk copier, and I understand what they mean (or, at least, I think I do).

But I've also seen what appears to be cyan, amber (brown?), and a kind of mustard color (?). I have no idea what these colors mean.

I can get cyan when I try to copy flux and index, and a combination of amber on top/mustard on the bottom when I copy flux and splice. Since I haven't received red, and in at least some cases, my results appear to work, I don't know what the program is trying to tell me with this information.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge of the platform, as I am still very new. Any and all help is much appreciated!

Stone
Cyan is INDEX, orange is SPLICE. There is a different shade of each to indicate top or bottom head.

When converting to a .adf file, green means good conversion of track, yellow means that there were some good sectors, and red means conversion failed for the entire track. These colors (red/yellow/green) are only present when doing a .adf converison. Otherwise, the colors will be either cyan or orange (for index or splice modes).
(04-05-2017, 09:00 AM)admin Wrote: Cyan is INDEX, orange is SPLICE.  There is a different shade of each to indicate top or bottom head.

When converting to a .adf file, green means good conversion of track, yellow means that there were some good sectors, and red means conversion failed for the entire track.  These colors (red/yellow/green) are only present when doing a .adf converison.  Otherwise, the colors will be either cyan or orange (for index or splice modes).

So then cyan/orange has no bearing on the viability of the file/copy, but rather is purely indicative of the method used to produce said copy?
Correct. Only the .adf converter actually analyzes the data.

You can use HxC Floppy Drive Emulator software, among other tools to convert .scp images to various image formats that can be used with emulators.