[Request] Add support for IMG files
It would be handy to have support to write IMG files to disks. I know this isn't true "archiving" but a great feature of this hardware is the ability to write back to my disk. Having a single program that can handle SCP flux and IMG files would be amazing. This way, I don't have to hookup the hardware back and forth between the computer and the SCP.

Thanks!
What exactly is a IMG file? Is this just raw sectors?
Yes sir. Some basic info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMG_(file_format)

I think the WinImage tool (one of the most famous for Windows) also uses the IMA file extension, though I believe it's exactly the same as IMG, just renamed. However, they also use a IMZ file format which I believe is just a IMG zipped up.

Anyhoo, the IMG format is the most common supported by a lot of command line tools from the DOS and early Windows eras. And before flux imaging came along, it was the only modern way to capture PC disks. For example, you can get FreeDOS boot disks in IMG format.
OK, this is just like Amiga ADF and other formats. I need to finish the WD177x decoder to make this possible.
Is direct support for IMG format still planned for the future?
Perhaps, but there are other utilities (like HxC Floppy Drive emulator) that support .IMG format.
Dumped SCP image can be converted to IMA/IMG by using pfi.exe of PCE emulator.
Direct dumping to IMA/IMG of PC formatted floppies using SCP is certainly something I would use a lot Jim.
I look forward to it's implementation in future revisions.
regards
VS