Files go missing
I copy 3 programs using the supercard this evening.  The single disk program (a copy of made of the original) transferred well.  The other two programs were two disks programs, all original disks.  The disks I thought copied well although I got the red and blue blinking lights as the copies were made.  Neither of the copies appeared on my desktop where I assigned them to be placed.  I got no error message as the copies were made.  Were the copies made and is there a place the made copies are routed to if not assigned to a particular site?
You select where you want image files to be stored with the standard Windows file requestor. You must be selecting some location other than the desktop.
Sometimes the Windows file requester will default to a particular location. It may be that you set the Desktop for the first file save, but the file requester has reverted back for the file saves after that.

You can try running SCP again and see where it defaults to when you try to save a file, or you could try using the Windows search function to locate the files.

Another possibility is that your anti-virus software may have deleted the files thinking they are malicious or infected files. This has happened to me a few times with known good files, but I've never encountered it with *.scp or *.adf files.

Kind regards,

Francis
Dreamland Fantasy Studios
http://www.dfstudios.co.uk
(09-01-2019, 05:30 PM)morduk2 Wrote: I copy 3 programs using the supercard this evening.  The single disk program (a copy of made of the original) transferred well.  The other two programs were two disks programs, all original disks.  The disks I thought copied well although I got the red and blue blinking lights as the copies were made.  Neither of the copies appeared on my desktop where I assigned them to be placed.  I got no error message as the copies were made.  Were the copies made and is there a place the made copies are routed to if not assigned to a particular site?

Was hoping someone has had success linking images together.  Most of the programs I want to make images of and use are software programs that contain several disks.  PageStream was a 5 or 6 disk program that had to be installed on the hard drive.  I made disk images of each disk, placed them in Amiga Forever's software folder but I can't get them to form one seamless program to use.  The same can be said of several multi-disk amiga games (Civ, Harpoon, etc.)  I am hoping there is a solution to my problem out there from users more technically talented then I am
Remember that disk images are exactly like real disks. If your Amiga used multiple disks for a program then you will need to use multiple disk image files.
I put all the disk images (7) of Page Stream into the Drawer :Amiga files\Shared\dir\work\software. I click disk one to open and it opens up Workdench 3.1 with the image of disk 1. I click open disk 1 and the only option I am given is to install the program. I click on install and am given the drawer Workbench 3.1: Tried to install the program in that drawer and get the message "Not enough memory" I get similar results with any multi-disk program I attempt to use. I am missing something here and I can't figure it out!
What Amiga emulator are you using? You should be selecting a new disk image for each disk you need during the installation process.
(09-08-2019, 04:40 PM)morduk2 Wrote: I put all the disk images (7) of Page Stream into the Drawer :Amiga files\Shared\dir\work\software.  I click disk one to open and it opens up Workdench 3.1 with the image of disk 1.   I click open disk 1 and the only option I am given is to install the program.  I click on install and am given the drawer Workbench 3.1: Tried to install the program in that drawer and get the message "Not enough memory"  I get similar results with any multi-disk program I attempt to use.  I am missing something here and I can't figure it out!

How much memory do you have on the emulated Amiga? It might be that you need to provide more if there isn't enough (can happen if you have a high-resolution high-colour graphics mode in use or a lot of programs running in the background). You should be able to do this in the emulator's settings.

Another possibility is that you have too much memory. A lot of older and poorly written software are not able to recognise massive amounts of memory so the values that get reported back to the software end up being a negative number. Usually 4 or 8 meg of Fast RAM is a good place to start.

Kind regards,

Francis
Dreamland Fantasy Studios
http://www.dfstudios.co.uk