My Compaqt solution
Photo 
I stripped the guts ot of an old 20/40 Dat drive with the exception of the psu and fan.
This of course gives me a 12v/5v supply for the drives.
and 2 5.25 inch bays.
The Dat drive occupied 2 bays with its bulk.
I then had to fabricate a back panel to cover the space vacated by the centronics scsi connectors.
This was made in plastic ...and made a suitable mount point for the SCP+ board.
Sadly there is no easy way to mount this as there are no screw holes of mount points.
I settled on trapping it in a heath robinson affair made from pcb slide guides and white plastic fibre board ..
Thus it could now be mounted on the back-plate with the usb socket exposed to the outside.
The 2 drives chosen where a Sony 1.44mb 3.5" (drive 1) and a Teac 1.2mb 5.25" floppy drive (drive 0)
I only really use my SCP+ for archiving so these should do nicely.

So ..already owning a Kroflux unit which was built into a similar but flat case...and now my recently aquired SCP+ board I figure I am now covered for archiving most floppies I encounter.
Thanks Jim.
rgds
VS

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nice! Pretty soon I will demo new firmware for the SCP that lets you use an Ardunio based board to turn that into a copy station that doesn't need a PC.
(08-04-2019, 09:21 PM)admin Wrote: Nice!  Pretty soon I will demo new firmware for the SCP that lets you use an Ardunio based board to turn that into a copy station that doesn't need a PC.

Interesting ...
I shall look out for that.
btw ..is there a convenient header point on the SCP board to bring activity LEDs out to the front of my Compaqt ?
rgds
VS
No, there is no way to bring the LED's out. I probably should have thought about that when I designed it, but I really had not planned on using it inside of multi-bay case.
(08-05-2019, 07:23 PM)admin Wrote: No, there is no way to bring the LED's out.  I probably should have thought about that when I designed it, but I really had not planned on using it inside of multi-bay case.

No probs Jim ..I shall probably do whay I did with The Kryo board and straddle the Blue LED witha pin header ..to achieve this ..
Not the easiest of soldering jobs but do-able with magnification.
Probably void any warranty in the process so will have to be careful lol.
rgds
VS
Photo 
(08-06-2019, 01:43 AM)Vipersan Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 07:23 PM)admin Wrote: No, there is no way to bring the LED's out.  I probably should have thought about that when I designed it, but I really had not planned on using it inside of multi-bay case.

No probs Jim ..I shall probably do whay I did with The Kryo board and straddle the Blue LED witha pin header ..to achieve this ..
Not the easiest of soldering jobs but do-able with magnification.
Probably void any warranty in the process so will have to be careful lol.
rgds
VS

Decided to bend the floppy connector vertical to make the job easier..
and use a block of 3 dual headers for better mechanical stability.
The front 3 in the photo are soldered to the actual LEDs ..and the rear contacts to the series resistors.
Not tried connecting LEDs in parallel as yet with the board mounted LEDs ..but have tested that the 'pretty lights' still illuminate..which they do ..and archiving from the floppy drives still works.
I guess you could call that a win.
Just hope I never have to return it Jim..as I haven't actually driven a truck over it ..lol
rgds
VS

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The problem here is that you will damage the microprocessor if you try to run two sets of LEDs. You would need to remove the existing LED if you want to use an external LED.
(08-06-2019, 09:47 AM)admin Wrote: The problem here is that you will damage the microprocessor if you try to run two sets of LEDs.  You would need to remove the existing LED if you want to use an external LED.

Thanks for the heads up ..
Then that is what I shall do.
rgds
VS
Make sure that you use the resistor that is on the board so that the current is kept at or below 5mA for each LED.
Managed to lose the centre resistor ..whilst removing the pin header I previously fitted.
My eyes aren't as good as they once were Jim
Any chance you could list the 3 series resistor values ..as I might just run wires instead to external LEDs and shrink wrap a resistor into the lead ?

The 2 outside resistors labled 01A and 471 are still in place ..but I've no idea where the centre one went..
doh!!

471 is I assume 470 ohm ..
01A ???
and of course no idea what the missing one was though I seem to remember seeing 331 (330 ohms)