WiModem with 3.0 gets connected but loses connection
So after ver3.0 it seems I can only use 300baud to connect to BBS's and somewhere after logon my connection is lost.  I am not sure if this was due to the ver. 3.0 upgrade or something I did in settings to try to use it with Q-Link?   If anyone has a command for me to test and see if I get it back to default settings if it will work properly again.

Thanks
-SF-
There was no change in the modem's functionality with the latest firmware. V3.0 just added support for the virtual hard drive.

What exact problem are you having? What terminal software are you using? What computer (C64, C128, etc.)

You can always reset everything to their defaults. Maybe you changed a polarity or something.
(12-14-2018, 01:16 PM)admin Wrote: There was no change in the modem's functionality with the latest firmware.  V3.0 just added support for the virtual hard drive.

What exact problem are you having?  What terminal software are you using?  What computer (C64, C128, etc.)

You can always reset everything to their defaults.  Maybe you changed a polarity or something.

I have a C64c that my WiModem works from.  It's actually odd.  It seems like 300bps is the only speed that works when I am trying to connect to C64 BBSes,  When I try to change it to higher (1200/2400bps) and then try to allow it to dial I get characters ANSI lines that go across the screen and then it stops and that is it.  When I do a ati in terminal mode and have bps set higher then 300bps - the information is ANSI characters instead.  Of course when I set it back a 300bps and do an ati  I get the normail information from WiModem.

So when I connect to a C64 BBS with WiModem on 300bps.  It looks good and goes through handshaking modem and allows me to login then somewhere around the BBS Title Screen or Last caller drops connection and says no connection.

The terminals I use are CCGMS 2017, ZTerm 1.0F and  StrikerTerm 2014.  I mostly use ZTerm or CCGMS 2017.  They all have worked fine till I did WiModem firmware 3.0 update and tried to use WiModem to connect to Q-Link.   I was not able to get connected to Qlink through the WiModem, but that is for another time.  I had to make changes to try to get on Q-Link.  Maybe that is what it is.  I just haven't set it back to what it should be.  Problem is I am unsure of what to set it back to. 

Thanks,
-SF-
Just do a reset to defaults using AT&F<RETURN>.

That will restore everything back to defaults. It could be the terminal program is looking at the carrier detect or something, which is changed as part of allowing Q-Link to run.

You can always go backwards in firmware to the previous version by typing AT*DOWNGRADE<RETURN>.
(12-14-2018, 11:45 PM)admin Wrote: Just do a reset to defaults using AT&F<RETURN>.

That will restore everything back to defaults.  It could be the terminal program is looking at the carrier detect or something, which is changed as part of allowing Q-Link to run.

You can always go backwards in firmware to the previous version by typing AT*DOWNGRADE<RETURN>.

Eeek!! I think I remember seeing that in the manual.  But I guess I forgot about it.  I will see if it does the trick.  I will let you know if it works.

The AT*DOWNGRADE<RETURN> is a good one to know.

Thanks, 
-SF-
It's not the manual - deliberately.
(12-14-2018, 11:45 PM)admin Wrote: Just do a reset to defaults using AT&F<RETURN>.

That will restore everything back to defaults.  It could be the terminal program is looking at the carrier detect or something, which is changed as part of allowing Q-Link to run.

So I tried the AT&F and it didn't fix the issue.   I also did the AT*DOWNGRADE.  Still had problem after downgrade to 2.XX version. So I did and upgrade firmware to get it back to 3.0x.  Still same issue exist after firmware upgrade.

It's strange, cause when I change the baud rate to anything above 300bps it screws up the ANSI/ASCII in graphic or terminal mode.  I can not get it to put our regular commands... like ATI... it comes out likle xxx instead.

I will try to get a picture to you on it.

Thank,
-SF-
Are your CIA's in sockets? If so, you could try swapping them. This can happen from a CIA problem.

Also, a joystick plugged in can interfere with the USER port.

Since you went back to known good firmware, I would say something with your machine or setup has changed.
Hi, Thank You!
I had the same idea and only  see now your (correct) answer.
The cause was a defective VIA/CIA 6522.
I swapped it, and now the display lights up properly and I was already visit  in a first BBS
great thing, with such a very old CBM4032 / CBM8032
Thanks and Greetings
(12-23-2018, 09:42 PM)admin Wrote: Are your CIA's in sockets?  If so, you could try swapping them.  This can happen from a CIA problem.

Also, a joystick plugged in can interfere with the USER port.

Since you went back to known good firmware, I would say something with your machine or setup has changed.

First I will unplug my joysticks and see if that makes a difference.

So when you say CIA's in sockets... your talking about my CIA chips in my C64?  Wouldn't I experience other issues if the CIA chips were having issues?
I haven't messed with these CIA chip ever, so unless they have somehow gone bad... they should be ok.

Thanks for the thought process, I will check in to it.

-SF-