Cannot connect to router using static settings
Hi there,

Saw the release notes for the latest firmware and was pleased that the ability to add static network settings into the WiModem232 was introduced as I prefer to have my DHCP switched off in the router.

Unfortunately I discovered that after setting the WiModem to static and putting in all the relevant info into it, it won’t connect to the router unless DHCP is on. Just wondering what the go was with this. Thanks for your time.
As long as the gateway, subnet, and IP are set correctly (and you set the same IP/MAC in your router) it should work.  If you have DHCP on in your router, you don't have to set the IP/MAC in the router.  But with DHCP off in the router, you have to tell the router the same static IP and associated MAC address.
(08-03-2018, 10:53 AM)admin Wrote: But with DHCP off in the router, you have to tell the router the same static IP and associated MAC address.

OK that's a bit unusual as I've never had to do that with any of the other devices/computers connected via static IP settings when DHCP is off.

In my router, which is an ASUS DSL-AC68U, manually assigning an IP address to a device's MAC address can only be used when DHCP is on since it is part of the same service and is designed to allow assigning IP addresses outside of the DHCP range. Anyway, to humor myself, I tried it anyway with DHCP off and the WiModem232 still couldn't connect.

I got a friend to try it with his connected to a Netcomm NF18ACV and he had the same results. Would be cool to get it working with DHCP off if possible.
I will look into it.