Dragon's Lair
Hi Jim

I have an SCP dump of my Dragon's Lair Atari ST game disks but I cannot seem to get disk 1 to write back successfully.  I have tried SPLICE mode but the resulting disk does not even try to boot.  Any ideas?  Am I doing something wrong?  SCP is v1.91, Hardware v1.1, Firmware v1.2.

No, that's the way to duplicate it. This is one of the rare disks that is not index aligned. Have you tried using the media integrity test to make sure that the disks you are copying to are good?
(11-04-2017, 08:31 PM)admin Wrote: No, that's the way to duplicate it.  This is one of the rare disks that is not index aligned.  Have you tried using the media integrity test to make sure that the disks you are copying to are good?

Yes, the media test says that the disk i am using is fine.  I have cleaned the drive heads as well just in case.  The disk I write still does not boot.

Do I need to change any of the other settings under the menu items such as Index Sensor->Writes?  The drive settings are all defaults.

I have also tried the disk in two Atari STs. An STFM with TOS 1.02 and an STE with TOS 2.06.

The SCP dump loads fine in the Steem SSE emulator.
Send me the image file to data@cbmstuff.com. It could be that the SPLICE mode is not finding the write splice.
(11-05-2017, 02:21 PM)admin Wrote: Send me the image file to data@cbmstuff.com. It could be that the SPLICE mode is not finding the write splice.

Email is on its way to you.
(11-05-2017, 02:21 PM)admin Wrote: Send me the image file to data@cbmstuff.com. It could be that the SPLICE mode is not finding the write splice.

Hi Jim

It has been a while since we last discussed this topic.  Did you receive my email and have any luck?
I have had several versions of Dragon's Lair sent to me. Some disks work fine while others don't find the write splice correctly all of the time. I have not looked into this in awhile, but I will take a look again.