How to copy various protections
Just use the C64 mode and INDEX. Make sure that you write protect the copy if the original is write protected (or notchless).
First I want to thank you! I did get The Three Stooges to copy. I had to go through 4 floppy drives before one would work 100% I love your Super Card Pro, and still have hundreds of originals floppys to backup...
More likely, you are using a 96 TPI drive for your reading/writing. These have a narrower head and require the 1541 drive to be dead on for the copy to load.
Ok I have one more dumb question? I now have a Panasonic ju 455 360k drive. Checked jumper setting with you list. Now when copying , it always want to copy half tracks, even with that tick off. And when writing back, of course. Setting are for 48 tpi.
If the drive is really a 48TPI drive then it is physically impossible for it to be copying half tracks because only full tracks exist with 48TPI drives!

What makes you think it is copying half tracks?
Oh I agree it is impossible. With other drives you can hear the stepper Motor for each track and block on screen. This one, you hear stepper motor click twice then the screen catches up, then when you write the flux file back, the half tracks tick is checked and on the screen shows the 2 colors for each track?
I just now noticed one more thing, if you go drive to drive it has no problems whatsoever. And if you go drive to flux that's when it does it.
Hmm.. I will check it out. It's been awhile since I have used a 360K drive.
(01-15-2014, 09:05 PM)LordCrass Wrote: Rapidlok: tracks 1-36 in SPLICE mode. Even though the disks are mastered to the index hole, the key track requires the SPLICE handling for writing back to a real disk. For a G64 image, tracks 1-36 INDEX mode works.

I am having problems imaging the Rapidlok game "cardsharks". I am trying to create a .G64 image that works on Vice and I have tried copying from the original using both splice and index using my SuperCard Pro and every time, I get an image that goes to track 36 and then immediately jumps to track 42 and gets stuck there...

I have made images of V-Max! originals with the same setup and settings, so I know my setup is in working order. I also have seen Rapidlok games work on Vice before, but this one is giving me issues... I also could not find a working .G64 image of this game anywhere (I am sure one must exist, but I have not found one). Any thoughts or advise?

Thanks!
Does the original disk work? If the original disk is write protected (no notch), are you making sure that you are write protecting the image file in VICE?