Copying C64 disks progress colors
When I copy C64 disks in Splice mode, I get a Aqua Color for the READ and a slightly darker color when it writes. What colors should you
see when copying disks. I tried copying Law of the West Rapid-Lok V1, and the copy shows a directory, but when attempting to
load on real hardware the screen fills with @ symbols and then all activity stops, I was able to copy Karateka after a few tries. I have 6-7 different floppy drives, two teac 55-gfr 1.2 orange label drives, and two teac 720k 55-fr green label drives, a JVC mdf-200 360k, a Mitsubishi MF-501A 360k and a Fujitsu 1.2m M2553K-83b drive, they all seem to copy about the same, hit or miss, sometimes Karateka loads sometimes it doesn't, but Law of the west attempts to load, it does a directory just fine, but does the @ symbols fill screen. and I adjust 48tpi and 96tpi depending on 360k or 1.2M the green label teac drives are 96tpi. the speed test works fine, and verify media works on all drives. And I have been cleaning the heads with disk cleaner and isopropyl alcohol. but the screen colors only change when switching between Splice and Index.

Jim what should I be seeing for the square block progress colors as it is copying tracks in read and write mode for both Index and Splice mode ?

-bbp
Sad

Messages In This Thread
Copying C64 disks progress colors - by bluebirdpod - 10-29-2018, 04:19 PM
RE: Copying C64 disks progress colors - by admin - 10-29-2018, 08:51 PM