SCP software flagged as a Trojan by Windows?
I'm not terribly worried about this, most likely a false positive, but at least wanted to ask.  Here's a screenshot (the other 2 items labelled "HackTool" were due to tools I have installed on my machine).

Are there checksums available for the tools (the scp.exe and scp_update.exe)  I could verify against?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yep, most anti-virus programs do not like the file compressor I use for the executable.
(08-13-2017, 08:52 PM)admin Wrote: Yep, most anti-virus programs do not like the file compressor I use for the executable.

Hi,
Just downloaded Super Card Pro Flasher 1.2 - updater12.exe
It is reported as maleware/virus:
 Chrome browser: dowloading stopped/blocked
 Malewarebytes: Generic.Malware/Suspicious
 Bitdefender: Trojan.GenericKD.5527369
Just curious if it's really safe.
BR
Vic
Yes, it is safe. As stated above, most virus programs throw a fit because it is a self-decompressing application.
(09-30-2017, 10:15 PM)admin Wrote: Yes, it is safe.  As stated above, most virus programs throw a fit because it is a self-decompressing application.

I do have to voice some concern as to the virus warnings as mentioned here.  This is a big issue now as Windows 10 immediately deletes the downloaded file, doesn't even let it be quarantined, and in doing so prevents us from being able to upgrade firmware when needed.  The virus programs are flagging the software because they actually find the signatures of these viruses embedded in your compressed .exe.  Way too many nasty viruses out there already, unfortunately more are coming.  I'm not ready to take the chance to lower my systems defenses to allow this through.

You have a great piece of hardware, perhaps it is time to look for a different delivery method that would not produce the warning and would put us all at ease.

Edit:  Added attachments.  The first says that the file was quarantined but the second indicates that it was deleted instead.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I already resolved this by no longer using a compressor for the files.  They are now all full size.  So, you can download the lastest installer and update your software.  The auto-update also now uses non-compressed files.  The file that your anti-virus deleted was one of the old backups.  Whenever an update occurs, the current file is renamed and the new file is downloaded and replaces it.

::edit:: I just realized that although I updated everything locally, the updated data was not pushed to the server!  Everything is up to date at this point, so there should no longer be any virus warnings due to the SCP installer or updater files.